Getting it Right in Reading is a learning disability health project that provides:
- Group and one to one support for people with LD to understand about annual health checks and how to get one by registering on your GP’s LD register.
- A ‘Resource Pack’ for GPs, practice staff and the GP LD lead to help them understand about learning disability and how to make reasonable adjustments to support LD health checks and generally to provide a better service for people with LD.
- One to one casework for adults with LD to manage specific health issues
- Support for adults with LD to use the ‘Talkback’ Health Passport.
- Information for carers about helping their dependent adult with LD to manage their health
We take referrals for casework from GP Practices, Social Care, CTPLD and other healthcare professionals or Care Providers to our Health Family Adviser, Carl Borges who is part of our Family Support Team.
The Project is supported by the Berkshire West Clinical Commissioning Groups.
See our leaflet.
For more information contact: Tel: 0749 5544707